Fonts & Spacing (edit)

As of now the fonts are a bit on the bigger side and personally i did not like the font. A bit smaller and maybe Calibri / Cambria would be better !! Even if its Arial, a bit smaller size would be useful so that more text fits in the page you are viewing. Also, the spacing between lines looks too much... single line spacing would be a bit cramped, best would be 1.25 line spacing if possible.

Posted by Diwakar.gupta on Nov. 1, 2012, 5:02 p.m. in the forum Suggestions [ edit ]

5 comments. 907 views

Yeah, there is too much of whitespace. I am using a default CSS file from [Foundation](http://foundation.zurb.com/). I think it has to be customized, or overwritten, etc. I did start on the beautification, but quickly realized that I need to learn a lot to get that to work. So, for now, I have put that on the backburner.

However, if there is someone who is good at the web designing part of it, what you can do is :
1. create a CSS derived from foundation. I think you can override the parameters.
2. create html pages using that CSS, so that you can show me what it looks like. Preferably you should also be able to send me the html and css (via email), so my work in recreating that look is minimized.
Vibhu 4 years, 8 months ago

The good thing is that now that I can see more things, rather than me just putting in some comments like "test", I can see more clearly what all is not good. :)

e.g. the above comment is supposed to have markdown in it, but it is not and I just found where the bug is. And the threading is also not looking that good.

test

Agree with both Diwakar and you. Beautification can be left for later, plus there's never an end to it.
Would only request decreasing font by a couple of points for now, though of course, can reduce the browser page view size itself.
Personally, I find Arial the most boring. Among web sans serif fonts, I'd recommend Verdana..but again, can play around with that later.

Good stuff, waiting for more.
Vagabond 4 years, 8 months ago

Not sure why you are saying that fonts are large. What browser are you using ? I do my development on linux, and have checked with Firefox and Chrome (on both Linux and Windows). I feel comfortable with the font size.